Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Three Stories of Beauty

As I headed to Oxford Street this morning, I knew that I would find a magnificent Starbucks. Oxford is a very high-end designer shopping district so I expected to find a Starbucks to match the level and class of the stores. When I started my journey down the street I could not see a coffee shop in sight. I was nervous at first, but I figured it wouldn't be long before I spotted one. All of the sudden I saw the sparkling green gem twinkling in the sky and I knew I had reached Starbucks. When I reached the entrance I noticed a sign outside the door stating that this shop has a new look. I couldn't wait to find out what this Starbucks looked like, but I figured that it would be fancy. I was shocked when I entered the shop and realized that it consisted of three levels. Not only was this Starbucks tall, but it was deep as well. It was quite obvious that this particular shop houses many customers for meetings. To order my drink I had to walk all the way to the back of the shop as the front was used for seating. With the coffee bar in the back, this Starbucks was set up differently than most shops I have visited. I do not think that having the bar in the back makes this shop conducive to in and out customers, but this shop does seem to cater to those wanting to stay a while. I really did like the atmosphere that this Starbucks presented because it seemed very welcoming and inviting. I wish more shops in the States would be set up in a similar fashion to allow customers the ability to stay a while. Another nice feature of the three floors is that it allows for quiet study or work. The top and bottom floors were both quiet and the hustle and bustle of the main floor could not be heard. I have shared a video here for you to see just how cool this Starbucks was. I'll definitely be noting this as something I would like to see implemented in the States.


No comments:

Post a Comment