Friday, June 18, 2010

Flat White


This morning I ventured out at Starbucks and tried a new drink. At each coffee shop that I have visited in the UK I have noticed an item on the menu of which I know nothing. This mysterious "flat white" as it's called sparked my curiosity from day one. I decided that today would be the day to try it. Before ordering, I asked the barista what this mystery coffee consisted of. The answer to this question is contained in the video below. I think you will see from my reaction, this drink is not something that I am used to. I am however, glad that I tried it and will definitely order it again in the future. As you will notice, the cup that the flat white comes in is smaller than the size tall. Because of this, the collar is too big for the cup. This is an issue that was not a huge deal but did make holding on to the cup a bit challenging. This Starbucks shop was located on Portobello road just before the famous Portobello Market (you can read about this in my other blog exploringtheuk.blogspot.com). Like Java Bean earlier in the week, this shop had some unique wallpaper. The entire shop had a unique feel from the front bar to the back lounge. I have provided some images to help grasp the differences this Starbucks possesses. I would categorize this location as having a bit of a rocker edge to it. Not being from the area, it is hard for me to judge whether or not this is how the local community is or if this Starbucks just happens to be a bit funky. As you can see from the images the furniture and curtains are a bit more worn and vintage looking that what is typically in a Starbucks. I must say, I like the funky look, but I like Starbucks for it upscale classy feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment