Saturday, June 12, 2010

My First London Starbucks


Today was the day! I arrived in London this morning only to find a Starbucks located right next to my flat. This is perfect! I quickly headed there for some lunch and a caffeine jolt. I immediately noticed some differences. This particular location seems more like an open air cafe. Both doors of the shop were left open and the cool London breeze was allowed to flow through. When I walked in I selected a wrap for lunch. On the package it gave two price options one price was for "take-away" and the other was for "eat-in". The "take-away" price was almost an entire pound cheaper. I have yet to discover whether the extra cost for "eat-in" is to discourage customers from staying or if it helps pay the workers who clean up the shop. Needless to say, on a college student's budget, I chose the "take-away" option. Starbucks heated my wrap and I was able to walk right back to my flat to enjoy it. The addition of such food offerings and price differences were not the only differences noted today. I ordered a skinny cafe misto which consists on half skim milk and half black coffee. The skim milk was like nothing I had ever tasted. It was slightly sweet, extra smooth and overly delicious. My friends who are not huge coffee fans couldn't believe how tasty it was. Whether this extra yummy taste was due to our over-tiredness or a truly better product, it was good nonetheless. Another funny site at Starbucks today was that people bring their dogs inside the cafe. I could not believe my eyes when I looked over and a cute pooch was sitting on the floor looking up at me. I think this is great! The Brits seem to really love their dogs and I love the fact that they include them in everything they do, including the morning coffee. Tomorrow I will continue my explorations so I hope you will continue to follow me!
AM

1 comment:

  1. Hope you continue to enjoy London. Following your adventure from afar...

    ReplyDelete