Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hot Chocolate with a Twist

I was unfortunately unable to begin my day with my daily dose of Starbucks. I had to meet for class early and did not have time to stop for coffee. By the end of class I was desperate for caffeine and headed to the closest Starbucks. I found a darling little shop right off of the Notting Hill Gate Underground station. I headed in for my coffee immediately after spotting the shop. As I gazed over the menu deciding what to have something sparked my attention, hazelnut hot chocolate. As tempting as this sounded I knew that I needed caffeine. I decided to get a bit fancy on the barista today and dress up the hot chocolate. I ordered a grande skinny hazelnut hot chocolate with a double shot of espresso. I was quite excited about this concoction because I got the best of both worlds with the hot cocoa and the caffeine. I couldn't wait to get my drink and test out my creation. I have provided a video of me taking my first sip that I think you will find informative.




Okay, it is quite obvious from the video that I liked this "fancy" hot chocolate. The way the coffee flavor came through into the chocolate was outstanding. It was almost as if the drink was made with dark chocolate because of the coffee addition. I must say I highly recommend this drink to all coffee/chocaholics out there, you won't be disappointed.


I also decide that today would be the day to break down the barrier of the glass case holding all the magnificent pastries. My friend Katie and I each selected our favorite item from the case and planned to split them at a picnic later in the day. I chose the skinny blueberry muffin and she selected the chocolate fudge brownie. I was excited about each selection and could not wait to test them out.


Later at the picnic...

We split the blueberry muffin during our picnic today at Regent's park. You can watch the videos of our responses to the muffin, but let me first say that it was delicious and I'll probably have to have another.










After a long day of shopping...


Returning to the flat this afternoon, Katie and I were both in need of a chocolate treat. Thanks to our Starbucks trip this morning we had a chocolate brownie waiting to be eaten. The appearance of the brownie was generic at best, a flaky top and a crumbly center. The flavor of the brownie was what made it stand apart from others. The richness of the chocolate paired with the perfect balance of crispness and fudge-like consistency made this brownie one of a kind. I have seen brownies at Starbucks stores in the States before, but none quite like this. Here in England the chocolate is richer, smoother and far more creamier. Most of the chocolate is Belgian and that seems to make a difference. I will without a doubt indulge in another Starbucks brownie before heading back to the U.S.

AM

No comments:

Post a Comment