Friday, June 25, 2010

Starbucks and Cafe Rouge

With another early class this morning my Starbucks venture was delayed a bit. When I did finally arrive at Starbucks, I was craving a cappuccino. After I ordered my drink I looked around to see what all the shop was selling. I noticed some lolly pops in the clear bins in front of the register. I thought that selling suckers at Starbucks was quite an odd thing to do, but no one asked me so oh well. :) As you can see in the picture to the right, these lolly pops seem to be a bit out of place. The rest of the items being sold are mints and chocolate, the usual, but the suckers on the other hand are simply weird. I noticed another item at this Starbucks that seemed a bit odd to me as well. This item was not for sale and was actually a sign hanging on the wall. The sign was all about safety and protecting items from being stolen. I think it is interesting how much stealing is openly talked about here and at Starbucks nonetheless. It is a bit nerve racking to know that pickpocketing is such an issue that even Starbucks has to make a statement about it. When my drink was finally ready I could not wait to taste it. Because it was a cappuccino, the first sip was quite foamy. As I continued to enjoy my coffee I began to taste the full cappuccino. The coffee flavor was super strong and it was very hot. I have been sick for the last two days and this nice hot drink made me feel better for a short while. This evening, after walking around the city, it was time for coffee round two. For this coffee trip I headed to a darling little french restaurant called Cafe Rouge. I was in the mood for a cappuccino again and thought it would be nice to compare it to that of the Starbucks version earlier in the day. When my drink arrived, it was in a very large ceramic mug and topped cinnamon dusted foam. This cappuccino was extremely hot like my Starbucks one, but almost impossible to hold because of the mug it was in. I found myself having to wait for the coffee to cool a bit before I could hold the mug. Once I could successfully drink my coffee, I realized how delicious the cinnamon topping was. The spice added a little something extra to my cappuccino and made it that much more delicious. The coffee flavor was not nearly as strong as the Starbucks cappuccino, but it was still quite yummy. More coffee to come on Monday. :)

AM

No comments:

Post a Comment