Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cafe Nero



This morning I was desperately in need of coffee after a late night, but unfortunately Starbucks was nowhere to be found. When I exited the underground on my way to Westminster Abbey, I spotted a Cafe Nero and decided that this would be the outlet of my morning coffee. I had planned to go to this shop eventually because it is a major Starbucks competitor so this morning was the perfect time to test it out. When I walked into the shop it was quite apparent it was not intended for customers to stay and drink their coffee. This coffee shop was made strictly for "take away" service. Inside the tiny hole in the wall shop were sandwiches, cakes, frozen drinks and lots of other goodies offered for take away. Because it was a warm morning I was not exactly wanting a warm drink. I chose to order a cafe latte over ice and that way get the best of both worlds with the coffee and cold drink. I have provided a video of my initial thoughts of the drink.


While I did enjoy my cold beverage this morning, it definitely was not Starbucks. In my opinion, Starbucks does not need to worry about Cafe Nero becoming more popular because I was not very impressed with the drink. The iced latte lacked enough of one of the ingredients, ice. The small amount of ice was a let down in and of itself but was more disappointing about this drink was the very little coffee flavor. I don't plan on going to Cafe Nero again and my loyalty will remain with Starbucks. :)

AM


No comments:

Post a Comment