Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gloucester Road Starbucks


This morning on my morning commute I went to the Starbucks on Gloucester Road. This Starbucks was quaint and cozy but loaded with goodies. As you can see in the images some of the pastries this Starbucks offered are pain au chocolat, skinny blueberry muffins and chocolate brownies. Each pastry looked quite scrumptious, but I have yet to try one. The first video below is of me receiving my drink this morning. I was trying to be sneaky so that the barista would not see, but I wanted you all to get a taste of what it is like being at Starbucks. The second video that I have posted is an update that I did this morning as soon as I received my grande skinny hazelnut latte. I don't want to ruin the contents of the video, but let me just say I highly recommend ordering that drink, especially in London :). One of my common activities when visiting a Starbucks in the U.S. is to bring my own coffee tumbler. I choose to do this because not only does my drink stay warm longer, but i get my drink for $.10 cheaper. Here in London, Starbucks is running a similar promotion. Instead of $.10 off the drink, bringing in a coffee tumbler will get the customer 25 pence off their drink. This actually turns out to be a better deal when considering the exchange rate. I have yet to take advantage of this great deal, but I'm thinking it will be in my near future. The interior of this Starbucks was quite similar to many in the U.S. as you can tell from this photo, the lighting, counter and menu all look very much the same. I do think however, that this Starbucks was more crowded than any I have been to in the states.




No comments:

Post a Comment